Northeast Alliance Together (NEAT) is an emerging community development corporation (CDC) of the Mattie Rhodes Center. NEAT is a developer and facilitator of resources for the Historic Northeast Kansas City community, the tie that binds the neighborhoods and businesses together, and the force that spearheads important projects related to the community. We serve the Independence Plaza, Indian Mound, Lykins, Pendleton Heights, Scarritt Renaissance, and Sheffield neighborhoods.
The Alliance’s mission is to improve the quality of life for all in Kansas City’s Historic Northeast.
This is accomplished by:
- Advocating for resources
- Fostering cooperation and collaboration among community residents and stakeholders
- Serving as a forum on issues affecting the Northeast
- Providing strategic guidance
- Encouraging an entrepreneurial-friendly atmosphere, and
- Implementing, when appropriate, area-wide economic development and neighborhood revitalization strategies.
Offering a high quality of life for all, the vision of Northeast Alliance Together is to support the development of a community that is clean, safe, inclusive, economically thriving, sustainable, and widely viewed as a desirable, sought-after destination.